KBA Regional Focal Points
As the KBA Programme rolls out, there is a need to have people on each continent who can help guide the establishment of KBA National Coordination Groups, help train in the application of the KBA Criteria, and provide the first assessment of proposed KBAs before they are submitted to the KBA Secretariat. Regional Focal Points (RFP) will play this role and work with the KBA Secretariat to roll out the KBA Programme in each region.
Interim Regional Focal Points have been nominated for the following regions and should be contacted if you have queries about assessing Key Biodiversity Areas or want to nominate a KBA:
- Daniel Marnewick (email@example.com) - Southern and western Africa
- Tim Davenport (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Eastern and Central Africa
- Mike Crosby (Mike.Crosby@birdlife.org)
Australasia and Pacific Islands
- Mark O’Brien (Mark.Obrien@birdlife.org)
Latin America and Caribbean
- please correspond with both RFPs
Europe, North Africa and the Middle East
- Catherine Numa (Catherine.email@example.com)
For other regions (North America and Europe), please contact the head of the KBA Secretariat, Andy Plumptre (firstname.lastname@example.org).