B.J. Skerry, NatGeo WWF
Several tools have been developed to help users propose a site as a KBA and support application of the KBA Global Standard and KBA Guidelines. Further guidance on the proposal process is provided in the KBA Proposal Process.
- KBA Single/multi-site Proposal form 1.1 that can be used to test data acquired for a site to ensure it meets the KBA criteria as well as help a proposer compile all the necessary documentation, available here. There is a video that helps guide the user through the form available here.
- List of Taxonomic groups: Criteria B2 and B3 are relevant to different taxonomic groups, available here.
- List of Range-restricted species: Criterion B2 requires two or more range restricted species to be present with at least 1% of their range at a site in order to trigger KBA status. For some taxonomic groups, more than two species are required. We provide a list here of all species that meet range-restricted status within each taxonomic group that has been assessed on the IUCN Red List, available here.
- Required and recommended documentation requirements – list of fields that specify what needs to be provided in a KBA proposal. All these fields are in the KBA Proposal form.
- List of species codes for WDKBA and IUCN Red List for species that trigger KBA status can be found here.